Community for Excellence Scholar Programs enriches students’ successful transition to the campus community, enhances sense of belonging, connection, and integration to CSU, and guides students to graduation. Community for Excellence Scholar Programs accomplishes this by:
- Connecting students with a scholar contact
- Creating a plan for college success
- Engaging students with resources and opportunities
- Building community
The Community for Excellence (C4E) is an inclusive community for students receiving select financial awards, which promotes student success through structuring the campus environment in collaborative ways across multiple departments and divisions.
- Help campus feel smaller and less overwhelming.
- Build an inclusive, interconnected community.
- Remove roadblocks to graduation and graduate students.
- Ensure each student knows their Scholar Contact and all campus resources.
- Connect with students as soon as they are admitted and support them through to graduation.
The C4E Scholar Programs at the Collaborative for Student Achievement include programs dedicated to providing access to higher education and supporting students’ transition to and through Colorado State University. They currently include the following institutionally and privately funded programs:
- Provide mentoring, personal, academic, and financial support for scholarship recipients
- Build a community of support and enhance sense of belonging
- Improve academic performance
- Provide community engagement/ service opportunities
- Increase graduation rates for selected populations